-   -   Empty inittab after installing capidriver (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/1257-empty-inittab-after-installing-capidriver.html)

Jens Strohschnitter 11-20-2007 12:51 PM

Empty inittab after installing capidriver

Hi,

after installing the fritz-packages my inittab seems to be replaced
with some settings from the avm-fritz-capi driver.
Is it possible to send me a default-inittab via pm ?

Jens Strohschnitter

-------------------------------------
*!!!LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX!!!*

* http://www.jens-strohschnitter.de *
-------------------------------------
Set the controls for
the heart of the sun
-------------------------------------

Raiffeisen Waren-Zentrale Rhein-Main eG
50668 Koeln, Altenberger Str. 1a

Tel: 0221/1638-0
Fax: 0221/1638-254

Sitz: Koeln

Amtsgericht Koeln, GnR 728

Geschaeftsfuehrender Vorstand:
Hans-Josef Hilgers (Sprecher)
Markus Stuettgen
Dr. Karl-Heinrich Suemmermann

Vorstand:
Friedhelm Decker (Vorsitzender)
Ingo Steitz

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Peter Bleser (MdB)

St.Nr.: 215/5938/0152

Bankverbindung:
WGZ Bank AG, Duesseldorf
(BLZ 300 600 10) Konto-Nr.: 300 011

Nils Kassube 11-20-2007 02:36 PM

Jens Strohschnitter wrote:
> after installing the fritz-packages my inittab seems to be replaced
> with some settings from the avm-fritz-capi driver.
> Is it possible to send me a default-inittab via pm ?

What version of Kubuntu are you talking about? For Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
there is no inittab file.

Nils

Jens Strohschnitter 11-21-2007 07:58 AM

Empty inittab after installing capidriver

> > after installing the fritz-packages my inittab seems to be replaced
> > with some settings from the avm-fritz-capi driver.
> > Is it possible to send me a default-inittab via pm ?
>
> What version of Kubuntu are you talking about? For Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
> there is no inittab file.

Yep 7.10. Ok - after a new install I've seen that there is no inittab.
But by the way, where do I configure the default-runlevel, when there is
no inittab ? On other distributions there is an entry in the inittab. But
where is it stored under kubuntu ?

Jens Strohschnitter

-------------------------------------

Derek Broughton 11-21-2007 11:23 AM

Jens Strohschnitter wrote:

>> > after installing the fritz-packages my inittab seems to be replaced
>> > with some settings from the avm-fritz-capi driver.
>> > Is it possible to send me a default-inittab via pm ?
>>
>> What version of Kubuntu are you talking about? For Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
>> there is no inittab file.
>
> Yep 7.10. Ok - after a new install I've seen that there is no inittab.
> But by the way, where do I configure the default-runlevel, when there is
> no inittab ? On other distributions there is an entry in the inittab. But
> where is it stored under kubuntu ?

Somewhere in /etc/event.d/ I would expect. You might
see /usr/lib/upstart/migrate-inittab.pl to find what upstart did with the
old inittab, though I'm not 100% certain that's part of a default install
(it's in the system-services package).
--
derek