Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Scott

Default Converting video to Motion jpeg

Hi,

Does anyone know any program that converts video (mostly mpeg) to one
of the formats the Wii can play? The Wii only plays Quicktime (motion
JPEG) format or the AVI (Motion JPEG) format.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

Old 07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
"joris abadie"

Hi,
I use kino
you can see here "how to"

http://the-time.blogspot.com/2008/03/flv2mpeg.html

Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 PM
"Mike Shaw"

Take a look at mplayer.* I know mplayer can convert avi to mpeg, so the reverse should be true.* I did a quick scan of this but could not find anything directly:

http://web.njit.edu/all_topics/Prog_Lang_Docs/html/mplayer/

Good luck,

Mike Shaw

* * * *Does anyone know any program that converts video (mostly mpeg) to one

of the formats the Wii can play? *The Wii only plays Quicktime (motion

JPEG) format or the AVI (Motion JPEG) format.

--

Your friend,

Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

Ed: This is worse than when he was just stupid! - from "Sitting Ducks"

Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM
"joris abadie"

Hi
I use kaffeine for watch TV,
kino for convert
and irirverter for youtube
http://video.google.fr/videosearch?q=9temps&hl=fr&sitesearch=#

Here you can see that I do

Old 07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Richard Ibbotson

Hi

> Does anyone know any program that converts video (mostly mpeg) to
> one of the formats the Wii can play? The Wii only plays Quicktime
> (motion JPEG) format or the AVI (Motion JPEG) format.

If you aren't all that happy with command line conversion you could
use Kino. 'sudo apt-get install kino'. Using the command line you
could use mencoder. Not quite sure about the command line argument
you would use for that but Google is your friend for more
information.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk

Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Scott

Thank you for your suggestions, but I have tried Kino and even though it
supports many formats, it is not able to export in motion jpeg (mjpeg)
format. I think it is the movie format generated by generic still
cameras. I'm starting to think it may be best for me to go out and buy
a DVD player that can read mpeg videos.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/7/15 joris abadie <temps.jo@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I use kino
> you can see here "how to"
>
> http://the-time.blogspot.com/2008/03/flv2mpeg.html

Hi!

My impression is that Kino only works with DV videos? Can you really
import a mpeg video in Kino and then export them as Motion JPEG AVI or
Qt as the OP want? I don't understand french but as far as i get it
that link says nothing about "how to" do it in Kino.

/ Jonas

Old 07-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Graham Todd

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:29:52 -0400
Scott <slewin@bmts.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know any program that converts video (mostly
> mpeg) to one of the formats the Wii can play? The Wii only plays
> Quicktime (motion JPEG) format or the AVI (Motion JPEG) format.

Kubuntu won't natively run Quicktime as it is closed proprietary
format, but if you sign up for Crossover Office, you'll be able to run
the Quicktime player on your system.

To get AVI files played on the Kubuntu system, you'll need to install
the vlc player, and then wincodecs package from the restricted
repositories. Or at least I THINK thats what I did.......

--
Graham Todd

Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Art Alexion