Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 PM
"Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri."

Default display error w/ cbtracker on kubuntu 8.04

I have downloaded cbtracker 1.0b and successfully installed it on kubuntu.
The problem is that when I run it, the program window opens but there is
no display in the window. The title bar says : Checkbook tracker -- Create
a new file or open an existing one. Other that this, except for a fleeting
flash of color, there is nothing in the entire window.

If I run the cursor in the space under the title bar and click randomly, I
get a drop down menu but no words in the buttons, some icons though _are_
visible.

I have googled but found nothing.

I wrote to the author and he feels it could be a gtk-themes problem. It
_is_ a gtk program.

Could someone please help ?

regards,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. Homoeopath, Linuxer.
The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah