Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Steven Vollom

Default Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 Storage Problem

On a 200gb hard drive, I show 56gb unused space. I was downloading from
Ktorrent and it stopped with a warning that drive space was low. I
removed an additional 20gb of data (some movies I didn't want anymore)
and still it showed out of disk space. I rebooted to see if that would
make a difference, but it remained with low disk space. I am able to
use the files and the operating system is not crashed. Has anyone had
this problem?
Steven

Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Steven Vollom said the following at 07/14/2008 09:02 AM :
> On a 200gb hard drive, I show 56gb unused space. I was downloading from
> Ktorrent and it stopped with a warning that drive space was low. I
> removed an additional 20gb of data (some movies I didn't want anymore)
> and still it showed out of disk space. I rebooted to see if that would
> make a difference, but it remained with low disk space. I am able to
> use the files and the operating system is not crashed. Has anyone had
> this problem?
> Steven

How big was the file that you were trying to download?

KTorrent used to have a problem (and maybe it still does) downloading files
larger than 4GB. I believe that the error you described was exactly the
failure mode I received when I discovered that KTorrent had this 4GB limit.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
"Juan Kawada"

If you think ktorrent may be having problems, I would recommend trying another client to be sure. (and I would also recommend another client just in general).

try azureus, it's in the repositories.*

just a side note, if you may be one of those hooligans that are downloading illegal material, azureus offers a safepeer plugin (available in the plugins menu).