Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Jordi Ferrando Fabra

Default Firefox lost the language Spanish

Hi,

After today's upgrade to kubuntu hardy (firefox 3.0.1 beta) displays its
menus in English in my Spanish Kubuntu computer.
Any idea? Should kubuntu support staff better test the upgrades?

--
*Jordi Ferrando Fabra*
*Director Técnico* * NETPLC*

Camino Viejo Castellón-Onda SN
12540 Vila-real (Castellón) España
Tlf: (+34) 964 506 174 - ext.1021
Fax: (+34) 964 506 173
http://www.netplc.com <http://www.netplc.com/>

Old 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
claydoh

On Monday 14 July 2008 9:50:46 am Jordi Ferrando Fabra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After today's upgrade to kubuntu hardy (firefox 3.0.1 beta) displays its
> menus in English in my Spanish Kubuntu computer.
> Any idea? Should kubuntu support staff better test the upgrades?
>
> --
> *Jordi Ferrando Fabra*
> *Director Técnico* * NETPLC*

As the firefox update to 3.0.1 is found in the 'hardy-proposed' repository
(the 'pre-release updates' selection in Adept's repository management area,
and not enabled by default)
they are meant for testing purposes by users before they are made available in
the normal repositories. I am guessing the language packages aren't yet built
for 3.0.1. This sort of problem is the kind of thing Ubuntu's firefox team
is looking for before finalizing the packages for final release.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Pastor JW

On Monday 14 July 2008 06:50:46 am Jordi Ferrando Fabra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After today's upgrade to kubuntu hardy (firefox 3.0.1 beta) displays its
> menus in English in my Spanish Kubuntu computer.
> Any idea? Should kubuntu support staff better test the upgrades?

Isn't this program in the hardy-proposed? If you volunteered to get it you
ARE one of the volunteer "Kubuntu support staff testers"! Happy
testing!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Jordi Ferrando Fabra

You're right. I have disabled the pre-releases repository and favour
stability of my system.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Derek Broughton

Pastor JW wrote:

> On Monday 14 July 2008 06:50:46 am Jordi Ferrando Fabra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After today's upgrade to kubuntu hardy (firefox 3.0.1 beta) displays its
>> menus in English in my Spanish Kubuntu computer.
>> Any idea? Should kubuntu support staff better test the upgrades?
>
> Isn't this program in the hardy-proposed? If you volunteered to get it
> you ARE one of the volunteer "Kubuntu support staff testers"! Happy
> testing!

While essentially true, it seems to me that the upgrade from Gutsy
added "hardy-proposed" to my sources, but I might have done it myself :-)

In any case, we are _all_ the Kubuntu support staff, and if you don't like
that idea, you should really stick to a commercial OS offering.
--
derek

Old 07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Art Alexion

On Monday 14 July 2008 11:40:10 Derek Broughton wrote:
> While essentially true, it seems to me that the upgrade from Gutsy
> added "hardy-proposed" to my sources, but I might have done it myself :-)

A while back there was a problem with the version of some package that was in
the regular repos that was fixed in hardy-proposed. I don't remember the
package anymore, and I actually forgot that I enabled it.