Old 07-11-2008, 04:09 AM
John Nielsen

Default Running the latest version of Kubuntu and need access password

Hi list
I'm running the latest version of Kubuntu and I did an update and when I
rebooted I could not get past the log in screen with the 1234 password.

What is the default password for the new release?

Cheers
John Nielsen

Old 07-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Nils Kassube

John Nielsen wrote:
> I'm running the latest version of Kubuntu and I did an update and when
> I rebooted I could not get past the log in screen with the 1234
> password.
>
> What is the default password for the new release?

There is no default password. During the installation you were asked for a
login and password. You need to use those to login. Now, if you don't
remember, you can set a new password using this instruction:

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LostPassword>

Nils