Old 07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Bruce Marshall

Default FF-3 and mailto

Anyone have mailto working with FireFox 3 yet?

I have done all of the about:config stuff of naming an app of kmail, but of
course none of the old FF-2 config stuff works anyone.

I've searched the web and searched the forums on the FF-3 site and everyone
seems to have the problem and no solutions.

This is pretty ridiculous for the product having been out so long.

So far my only solution is to go back to FF-2.

(yet not many here have complained about this issue. Maybe it's just me)

Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Billie Walsh

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> Anyone have mailto working with FireFox 3 yet?
>
> I have done all of the about:config stuff of naming an app of kmail, but of
> course none of the old FF-2 config stuff works anyone.
>
> I've searched the web and searched the forums on the FF-3 site and everyone
> seems to have the problem and no solutions.
>
> This is pretty ridiculous for the product having been out so long.
>
> So far my only solution is to go back to FF-2.
>
> (yet not many here have complained about this issue. Maybe it's just me)

It doesn't work for me either. I just figured it would get fixed sooner
or later. It's not a big deal for me. I so seldom use a web page link I
can just enter the address in an outgoing e-mail manually

Old 07-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Nigel Ridley

Billie Walsh wrote:
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
>> Anyone have mailto working with FireFox 3 yet?
>>
>> I have done all of the about:config stuff of naming an app of kmail, but of
>> course none of the old FF-2 config stuff works anyone.
>>
>> I've searched the web and searched the forums on the FF-3 site and everyone
>> seems to have the problem and no solutions.
>>
>> This is pretty ridiculous for the product having been out so long.
>>
>> So far my only solution is to go back to FF-2.
>>
>> (yet not many here have complained about this issue. Maybe it's just me)
>>

> It doesn't work for me either. I just figured it would get fixed sooner
> or later. It's not a big deal for me. I so seldom use a web page link I
> can just enter the address in an outgoing e-mail manually

I never liked those 'fill_in_the_subject_line_for_you' mailto links, so I just right click and
choose 'Copy email address', then paste into Tbird.
Didn't even notice that there was a problem!

Blessings,

Nigel

--
PrayingForIsrael.net