Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default OT: Linux acceptance (was: Smaller model laptops in combination with Kubuntu)

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/7/4 O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com>:
>> and since Dell generally does a good job of supporting Ubuntu that could
>> be an interesting way to go.
>>

> Had I heard that statement just two years ago, I would have laughed
> right off the chair. Look at had far we've come (Dell, ATI, etc.).

Why I stated that was not only because they distribute a few models with
Ubuntu and some with Red Hat but also because I am on their "linux user"
mailinglist and the Dell people are quite active in assisting people
with their problems.

Sinclair