Old 07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
jerry

Default How to get the popup box back.

When I download a file I used to get a popup box that asked "What do you
want to do with this file? Save open.

I checked the box at the bottom of the popup so that it would alway
select open file. Now I would like to get the popup box back to be able
to select another option on those occasions.

I cannot find where to reactivate the popup selection box when I
download a file.

Thanks for any help.

Jerry

Old 07-04-2008, 01:59 PM
"Willy K. Hamra"

jerry wrote:
> When I download a file I used to get a popup box that asked "What do you
> want to do with this file? Save open.
>
> I checked the box at the bottom of the popup so that it would alway
> select open file. Now I would like to get the popup box back to be able
> to select another option on those occasions.
>
> I cannot find where to reactivate the popup selection box when I
> download a file.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jerry

Hi Jerry, i understand that you are using firefox, right? if this is the
case, go to "edit-->preferences", in the "Main" tab see the downloads
section, and choose the option that suits you, you probably want to
choose to always ask you where to save the file.
if it is not firefox you are using, send us the name of your browser
hope this works for you

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

Old 07-05-2008, 03:47 PM
jerry

Willy K. Hamra wrote:
> jerry wrote:
>
>> When I download a file I used to get a popup box that asked "What do you
>> want to do with this file? Save open.
>>
>> I checked the box at the bottom of the popup so that it would alway
>> select open file. Now I would like to get the popup box back to be able
>> to select another option on those occasions.
>>
>> I cannot find where to reactivate the popup selection box when I
>> download a file.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> Hi Jerry, i understand that you are using firefox, right? if this is the
> case, go to "edit-->preferences", in the "Main" tab see the downloads
> section, and choose the option that suits you, you probably want to
> choose to always ask you where to save the file.
> if it is not firefox you are using, send us the name of your browser
> hope this works for you

Yes I am using Firefox 2. I will give it a try.
Thanks
jerry