-   -   black border problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/118494-black-border-problem.html)

"Jose Ricardo Bernardes" 07-03-2008 09:11 PM

black border problem

Hello people..
im sorry for my english... im from brazil..

so... my problem is that a installed kubuntu 8.04 in my notebook toshiba 1800 and the screen has now black border over the four sides...
I am googling this problem for the past 2 days and I tried many things, the only thing that had changed something is that:

I included this lines in my xorg.conf:

Section "Screen"
* *Identifier* *"Default Screen"
* *Monitor* ** *"Configured Monitor"
* *Device* ** *"Configured Video Device"

* *Defaultdepth* *24
* *SubSection "Display"
* ** *Depth* *24
* ** *Virtual* *1024* *768

My resolution have changed to 1024x768, but, the black borders are still there... so I cant see the start bar and everything behind the black border...

what do I do??
:(
byebye