-   -   AV capture (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/118105-av-capture.html)

07-03-2008 08:27 AM

AV capture

Howdy folks;

Is there any way to capture audio/video from youtube or similar sources?
How about adjusting the audio level on these? Some stuff I've seen, you
just about jump out of your skin when they start up, and once you get
them shut down, you have to go up on the roof to replace the shingles.

Bill

* *
RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! * 4-19!
* *

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus Christ

"Mario Spinthiras" 07-03-2008 09:22 AM

AV capture

FFMPEG can help you out. If you are looking into grabbing the FLV from
youtube and converting it , playing with it , then I suggest ffmpeg.
As far as Audio editing , I am not sure what UbuntuStudio uses in
their pleathora of applications but basic things can be accomplished
with Audacity which can be installed from the repositories. ffmpeg it
is.

--
Warm Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras

"O. Sinclair" 07-03-2008 09:28 AM

AV capture

Bill Vance wrote:
> Howdy folks;
>
> Is there any way to capture audio/video from youtube or similar sources?
> How about adjusting the audio level on these? Some stuff I've seen, you
> just about jump out of your skin when they start up, and once you get
> them shut down, you have to go up on the roof to replace the shingles.

If you use Firefox there is an Addon called Downloadhelper to do exactly
that, works so-so but not perfect.

Sinclair

alan c 07-03-2008 10:25 AM

AV capture

Bill Vance wrote:
> Is there any way to capture audio/video from youtube or similar sources?

try either or both:
http://keepvid.com/
http://vixy.net/
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391

Edmund Laugasson 07-03-2008 02:50 PM

AV capture

> Is there any way to capture audio/video from youtube or similar sources?

I discovered the program PyTube:
http://www.bashterritory.com/pytube/ - original webpage
http://www.tuxsoftware.com/home/component/content/194?task=view
http://www.linux.com/feature/133157 - more reading

"Mike Shaw" 07-03-2008 03:07 PM

AV capture

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Edmund Laugasson <ed.lau@mail.ee> wrote:

> Is there any way to capture audio/video from youtube or similar sources?

I discovered the program PyTube:

http://www.bashterritory.com/pytube/ - original webpage

http://www.tuxsoftware.com/home/component/content/194?task=view

http://www.linux.com/feature/133157 - more reading

Also there is VideoDownloader - a Firefox plugin:

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

--
Ed: He's worse than when he was just stupid! - from "Sitting Ducks"

Art Alexion 07-03-2008 09:06 PM

AV capture

On Thursday 03 July 2008 4:27:04 am Bill Vance wrote:
> Is there any way to capture audio/video from youtube or similar sources?

I used to like Firefox plugin UnPlug; now I prefer the plugin DownloadHelper.

> How about adjusting the audio level on these?

FFMPEG

"Juan Kawada" 07-08-2008 08:11 PM

AV capture

Now i've never tried this with youtube (and cant right now as I'm at work) but in FF3 if you
-left click the icon on the left of the address bar
-click more information
-click on the media tab

you should be able to download any media (pictures videos etc) on the page. No extensions needed. try it out if you have the time.