-   -   Adobe's pdf is now an ISO standard. (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/117769-adobes-pdf-now-iso-standard.html)

"Michael Leone" 07-02-2008 05:36 PM

Adobe's pdf is now an ISO standard.

Your original subject line said *not* a standard, obviously just a
typo for *now*. So I've fixed it ...

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM, J. Michael Morse <mmorse757@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adobe has relinquished control of the format:
>
> http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/07/02/adobes_pdf_format_now_an_iso_standard.html

I have a friend who owns a company that specializes in creating
customized PDF solutions for companies.

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

I couldn't understand your attitude.
I only wanted to take a photograph of you,
But I was shocked when I heard what you had to say.
You picked up my camera, threw it away,
I didn't really mean to ruin your day.
-- "Heart of Gold", the Kinks

Michael 07-03-2008 02:25 PM

Michael Leone wrote:
> Your original subject line said *not* a standard, obviously just a
> typo for *now*. So I've fixed it ...

Thanks. I am such a hypocrite. I'll be the first to point out
someone's grammar and spelling errors and yet don't review my own posts
before hitting the send key!

Happy Fourth of July Weekend

"Michael Leone" 07-03-2008 02:40 PM

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Michael <mmorse757@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Leone wrote:
>> Your original subject line said *not* a standard, obviously just a
>> typo for *now*. So I've fixed it ...
>>
> Thanks. I am such a hypocrite. I'll be the first to point out
> someone's grammar and spelling errors and yet don't review my own posts
> before hitting the send key!

I was actually trying to help, so that anyone who read your post later
didn't think that the PDF format was non-standard, as opposed to now
being a standard.

Appreciate the sarcasm, tho. And the cutting of the rest of my post,
which actually had something to do with PDFs and their ubiquity.

And I understand it, too, as I might have knee-jerk reacted that way,
too. But I wasn't criticizing your spelling or grammaring, but hoping
to clear up a misconception. Because until I clicked the link, I
thought you were saying that PDF format was not a standard, and I knew
it was. So to avoid the same confusion for others, I mentioned that
the subject line was incorrect.

> Happy Fourth of July Weekend

And you! Sorry for the misunderstanding.