Old 07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Scott

Default PHP Syntax check

Hi,

does anybody know of a debbuger or syntax checker that can be run
locally to look for PHP errors? I would like to run my PHP code locally
through a check before uploading it to my web host and without turning
my computer into a web server.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

Old 07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Paul Lemmons

does anybody know of a debbuger or syntax checker that can be run
locally to look for PHP errors? I would like to run my PHP code locally
through a check before uploading it to my web host and without turning
my computer into a web server.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://us3.php.net/runkit_lint
http://www.objectivelyoriented.com/2007/05/how_to_quickly_lint_php_files_1.html

If these links don't meet the need try a google search with terms "php lint"

--
Sometimes I wonder. Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Scott

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> http://us3.php.net/runkit_lint
> http://www.objectivelyoriented.com/2007/05/how_to_quickly_lint_php_files_1.html
Yes, it is, thank you. I never knew PHP had anything like this built in.

> If these links don't meet the need try a google search with terms "php
> lint"
I did a search for PHP lint on synaptic and got nothing. I never
thought about doing one on Google, thanks.