Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
"Thomas K. Gamble"

Default Strange keyboard problem

After upgrading my system to Hardy (64 bit), for some strange reason the
numlock key led works in reverse. The led is off when the numlock is on and
the led is on when the numlock is off. It works normally when I boot to a
console, so it appears to be either X or KDE that is causing this. I can't
find any settings that might be misconfigured. Anyone have any clues?

--
Thomas K. Gamble
System/Network Administrator, Cyber Systems Security Officer

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger

Old 07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Wulfy

Thomas K. Gamble wrote:
> After upgrading my system to Hardy (64 bit), for some strange reason the
> numlock key led works in reverse. The led is off when the numlock is on and
> the led is on when the numlock is off. It works normally when I boot to a
> console, so it appears to be either X or KDE that is causing this. I can't
> find any settings that might be misconfigured. Anyone have any clues?

I noticed the same thing when I upgraded to Hardy on my 32-bit system.
My work-around was to install the Keyboard Status Applet on Kicker and
use that the force the light(s) correct.

HTH

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Copyright July 17, 1988 by Del Goetz

Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
"Thomas K. Gamble"

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 08:41:20 am Wulfy wrote:
> Thomas K. Gamble wrote:
> > After upgrading my system to Hardy (64 bit), for some strange reason the
> > numlock key led works in reverse. The led is off when the numlock is on
> > and the led is on when the numlock is off. It works normally when I boot
> > to a console, so it appears to be either X or KDE that is causing this.
> > I can't find any settings that might be misconfigured. Anyone have any
> > clues?
>
> I noticed the same thing when I upgraded to Hardy on my 32-bit system.
> My work-around was to install the Keyboard Status Applet on Kicker and
> use that the force the light(s) correct.

This seems to work although I'd like to know why the problem is there in the
first place.

Thanks.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
"Willy Hamra"

this also happened with me on hardy (32 bit), when i set the numlock to be on at startup, it started to be **ON** but the LED working in reverse!

2008/7/2 Thomas K. Gamble <tkg@lanl.gov>:

After upgrading my system to Hardy (64 bit), *for some strange reason the

numlock key led works in reverse. *The led is off when the numlock is on and

the led is on when the numlock is off. It works normally when I boot to a

console, so it appears to be either X or KDE that is causing this. *I can't

find any settings that might be misconfigured. *Anyone have any clues?

--

Thomas K. Gamble

System/Network Administrator, Cyber Systems Security Officer

Chemical Diagnostics and Engineering (C-CDE)

Los Alamos National Laboratory

MS-J565,p:505-665-4323 f:505-665-4267

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

* *Henry Kissinger

Will Rogers *- "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."

Old 07-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Knapp

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Juan Kawada <juankawada@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Another me too! Not sure when it started but this year for sure.
64 bit kubutu 8.04
Never reported a bug because it so easy to just push the numlock button again.

Fix anyone?
--
Douglas E Knapp