Old 06-30-2008, 02:37 AM
Peter O'Reilly

Default file permissinons

File permission errors...

I get file permission errors when trying to configure different apps, like this,

Can't create config file (/var/lib/myap/myapp.conf)
Permission denied
Re-run myapp, adding '-c configfilename' as a parameter.

...I tried 'su' as root but there is no root account set up....how can I grant my user 'sa' the privileges necessary to configure my newly installed server?

Thank you
Peter

Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 AM
"Upul Godage"

root account is disabled by default in Ubuntu. You can give the command like this.
sudo <command>
This will run the command with root priviledges.

See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

Upul