Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Scott

Default Dolphin forced in Intrepid Alpha

At least in the Alpha-1 release of Intrepid Dolphin is forced onto
people. If you attempt to uninstall it, it will also uninstall
Konqueror. So, it is either both, or nothing at all.

This is too bad as I did not mind quickly uninstalling Dolphin in 8.04
to make Konqueror my choice of file browser. Now, I can not do that and
I am forced to change all my file associations and have Dolphin sit
there as a waste of hard drive space. This almost feels like windows
where I am forced to keep all the MS crap software.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

Old 06-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Art Alexion

On Sunday 29 June 2008 19:15:56 Scott wrote:
> At least in the Alpha-1 release of Intrepid Dolphin is forced onto
> people. *If you attempt to uninstall it, it will also uninstall
> Konqueror. *So, it is either both, or nothing at all.
>
> This is too bad as I did not mind quickly uninstalling Dolphin in 8.04
> to make Konqueror my choice of file browser. *Now, I can not do that and
> I am forced to change all my file associations and have Dolphin sit
> there as a waste of hard drive space.

My understand is that KDE 4 Konqueror, when used as a file manager uses
dolphin.part to do that. I have no idea whether dolphin within konqueror is
as crippled as dolphin as a standalone.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 AM
"Leticia Hernández"

At least in the Alpha-1 release of Intrepid Dolphin is forced onto

people. *If you attempt to uninstall it, it will also uninstall

Konqueror. *So, it is either both, or nothing at all.

Indeed, Konqueror as a file browser uses Dolphin's file management part.

This is too bad as I did not mind quickly uninstalling Dolphin in 8.04

to make Konqueror my choice of file browser. *Now, I can not do that and

I am forced to change all my file associations and have Dolphin sit

there as a waste of hard drive space. *This almost feels like windows

where I am forced to keep all the MS crap software.

For the record, to make Konqueror your default file manager you just need to change 2 file associations. If you're in a hurry you could change only the inode/directory one.

Have a nice day!

--
Leticia Hernández

Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Scott

Leticia Hernández wrote:
> For the record, to make Konqueror your default file manager you just ank you
> need to change 2 file associations. If you're in a hurry you could
> change only the inode/directory one.
Thank you, I have already done that in my Intrepid test system.