Old 11-20-2007, 08:43 AM
xpol

Default konsole in the system tray

Konsole is launched by the following script, to open in the system tray.
It works. However, on the next login, restored session places konsole 'on
the desktop', rather than in the system tray.
Is that a bug?

thank you

--
Pol

---- enc.

Opts=" --tooltip 'zsh' --hidden "
kdeOps=" --caption kon --title Zsh --caption term --nomenubar --icon
opentermblue --geometry 633x215+330+460"
Comm=""
ksystraycmd $Opts konsole $kdeOps $Comm

Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Donn

> Is that a bug?
I really dunno -- but for konsole l337ness you can't beat "yakuake" Give it
a try.

Otherwise, just apropos of being off-topic, you can open a konsole on any
given konqueror view by F4.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
John L Fjellstad

xpol <linux_milano@yahoo.it> writes:

> Konsole is launched by the following script, to open in the system tray.
> It works. However, on the next login, restored session places konsole 'on
> the desktop', rather than in the system tray.
> Is that a bug?

Are you using compiz? Sometimes compiz window manager will put stuff on
the desktop instead of the system tray.

--
John L. Fjellstad
web: http://www.fjellstad.org/ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes