Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Restore KDM3 after installing KDE4

I have installed KDE4 on a friend's computer, but moved her back to
KDE3. The KDE3 Kcontrol cannot configure the KDE4 KDM login manager.
How can I either configure the KDE4 login manager from KDE3, or make
the KDE3 KDM the default login manager? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 06-15-2008, 06:45 PM

> I have installed KDE4 on a friend's computer, but moved her back to
> KDE3. The KDE3 Kcontrol cannot configure the KDE4 KDM login manager.
> How can I either configure the KDE4 login manager from KDE3, or make
> the KDE3 KDM the default login manager? Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Either try reinstalling KDE3's kdm, which *should* offer you to the option
to select which login manager you want to use, or run the command : 'sudo
dpkg-reconfigure kdm' (or 'kdm-kde4' either should work), which will bring
up the same selection dialog.

clay weber