Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Print to fax with HP all-in-one?

We own an HP 4255 All-In-One printer/scanner/fax/copier. The device
has USB and regular phone jacks: the USB is used for printing and
scanning, and the phone jack for receiving and sending faxes. The
device prints and scans perfectly in Kubuntu since version 7.04, 7.10,
and 8.04 (the current installed version).

We prepare documents for faxing as PDF files, then print them, then
feed the printed page through the machine once again to fax it. Is it
possible to print direrctly to fax, ie, to send a PDF file to the unit
and have it sent as a fax instead of being printed out? This would
save us time, paper, and ink.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
david

On Sunday 15 June 2008 08:47:27 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> We own an HP 4255 All-In-One printer/scanner/fax/copier. The device
> has USB and regular phone jacks: the USB is used for printing and
> scanning, and the phone jack for receiving and sending faxes. The
> device prints and scans perfectly in Kubuntu since version 7.04, 7.10,
> and 8.04 (the current installed version).
>
> We prepare documents for faxing as PDF files, then print them, then
> feed the printed page through the machine once again to fax it. Is it
> possible to print direrctly to fax, ie, to send a PDF file to the unit
> and have it sent as a fax instead of being printed out? This would
> save us time, paper, and ink.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Use the HPLIP toolbox under system in kmenu.

--
David M.