Old 06-15-2008, 04:18 AM
Ron Wilson

Default KDE4 & Samba

Has anyone come up with a fix for Samba not working with KDE4. I can find plenty of comment on line about others having same problem but I cannot find any solution

-------------------

Ron Wilson

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $10, get a million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Scott

Ron Wilson wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a fix for Samba not working with KDE4. I can
> find plenty of comment on line about others having same problem but I
> cannot find any solution
Sadly, I can not help you and can only add to the others having this
problem. This is actually one of the few main reasons why I am holding
off to 8.10 to run KDE4 full time.

If you have not tried it yet, you can try KDE 4.1 Beta. IT haves added
a lot that was suppose to be in 4.0 and fixed several problems. I took
a read of a review
(http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-progress-new-plasmoids-akonadi-krunner-and-more/)
and it looked like a nice improvement.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

Old 06-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Frederic Schaer

Hi,

It seems to work in Dolphin in 4.1

Another major thing that's not working (I'll try to see if there's
already a bug openned for that) is the fish protocol : I can't succeed
in connecting to a remote machine in kde4 using either fish:// or ssh://
or sftp:// in Dolphin or Konqueror... they just crash.

It's sad, I hope this all works when we are all forced to go to KDE4 (or
shall I say gnome ? ) !!
Regards

Old 06-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Graham Todd

Frederic Schaer wrote:

> It's sad, I hope this all works when we are all forced to go to KDE4 (or
> shall I say gnome ? ) !!
[snipped]

Myself, I've been looking at distros with the Enlightenment desktop and
window manager. I hope KDE4 gets its act together to allow me rely upon
it before then because I'd hate to move from Kubuntu: even Xubuntu seems
to have matured enough.

As a PowerPC user, I've seen my architecture go from not being
officially supported, to my distro of choice not working in its
developing guise. This is to be expecting as KDE4 is developing, but
not when its forced on us as the buggy default. I must say gOS with
Enlightenment is performing just like the Mac OS X Leopard interface,
and Elive is working fine. OpenGEU gives the KDE structure with the
Enlightenment window manager, and looks great, and might be something
I'll turn to when KDE4 has matured.

Until then, the beauty of Linux is I have a choice........
--

Graham Todd