Old 06-15-2008, 01:35 AM
"John DeCarlo"

Default 8.04 crash, errors on sda6, won't boot up

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Stephen Ransom <neonchrist0@gmail.com> wrote:

It does a disk check and fails around 94% when it gets to sda 6 saying that the check failed,* the root file system needs to be mounted in read only, and a maintenance shell is opened.* I have no Idea what to do in the maintenance shell, or even what needs to be fixed. any ideas?

You need to fix the file system.*

fsck /dev/sda6
--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own