FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
"Stephen Ransom"
 
Default Cannot install Flash plugin for Firefox

you install the kubuntu-restricted-extras including the non-free flash plugin? This is done from the repositories, and may be the answer to your problem.

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM, John DeCarlo <johndecarlo@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:


Oh? How modified is the Kubuntu Firefox from the Mozilla Firefox?

Legally, it cannot be too different if it is still using the Firefox

name.


Legally?* Never mind.

As for the differences, I don't know how easy it is to find them.* Clearly it changes default directories, among other things.* Someone once pointed me to a site that listed the 2-300 changes documented.


--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

--

kubuntu-users mailing list

kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users




--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 06-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Michael Leone
 
Default Cannot install Flash plugin for Firefox

Stephen Ransom wrote:
> you install the kubuntu-restricted-extras including the non-free flash
> plugin? This is done from the repositories, and may be the answer to
> your problem.

I'm not sure that installing plugins via Firefox always works properly
on Linux. If there's a plugin in a repository, I would install that first.

>
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM, John DeCarlo <johndecarlo@gmail.com
> <mailto:johndecarlo@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com
> <mailto:dotancohen@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Oh? How modified is the Kubuntu Firefox from the Mozilla Firefox?
> Legally, it cannot be too different if it is still using the Firefox
> name.
>
>
> Legally? Never mind.
>
> As for the differences, I don't know how easy it is to find them.
> Clearly it changes default directories, among other things. Someone
> once pointed me to a site that listed the 2-300 changes documented.
>
>
> --
> John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
>
> --
> kubuntu-users mailing list
> kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
>
>


--
Michael J. Leone Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

PGP Fingerprint: 0AA8 DC47 CB63 AE3F C739 6BF9 9AB4 1EF6 5AA5 BCDF
Photo Gallery: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeleonephotos>

People believe in the unseeable, but will not see the unbelievable.
-- "Dark Season", Rusell T. Davies

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 06-15-2008, 01:18 AM
"Stephen Ransom"
 
Default Cannot install Flash plugin for Firefox

Yeah, sorry my kubuntu is broken right now, (sent out a help email), so I can't find the exact package name. search for adobe in adept, and flash non- free. you should find one that's labeled as a plugin for mozilla, and thats what I use.



On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:

Stephen Ransom wrote:

> you install the kubuntu-restricted-extras including the non-free flash

> plugin? This is done from the repositories, and may be the answer to

> your problem.



I'm not sure that installing plugins via Firefox always works properly

on Linux. If there's a plugin in a repository, I would install that first.



>

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM, John DeCarlo <johndecarlo@gmail.com

> <mailto:johndecarlo@gmail.com>> wrote:

>

> * * On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com

> * * <mailto:dotancohen@gmail.com>> wrote:

>

> * * * * Oh? How modified is the Kubuntu Firefox from the Mozilla Firefox?

> * * * * Legally, it cannot be too different if it is still using the Firefox

> * * * * name.

>

>

> * * Legally? *Never mind.

>

> * * As for the differences, I don't know how easy it is to find them.

> * * Clearly it changes default directories, among other things. *Someone

> * * once pointed me to a site that listed the 2-300 changes documented.

>

>

> * * --

> * * John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

>

> * * --

> * * kubuntu-users mailing list

> * * kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

> * * Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

> * * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

>

>





--

Michael J. Leone * * * * * * * * *Registered Linux user #201348

<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>



PGP Fingerprint: 0AA8 DC47 CB63 AE3F C739 6BF9 9AB4 1EF6 5AA5 BCDF

Photo Gallery: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeleonephotos>



People believe in the unseeable, but will not see the unbelievable.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- "Dark Season", Rusell T. Davies



--

kubuntu-users mailing list

kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 06-15-2008, 08:55 AM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default Cannot install Flash plugin for Firefox

2008/6/15 Stephen Ransom <neonchrist0@gmail.com>:
> you install the kubuntu-restricted-extras including the non-free flash
> plugin? This is done from the repositories, and may be the answer to your
> problem.
>

Thanks, that was just what she needed. Problem solved! The world has
one more happy Kubuntu user today.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 06-15-2008, 02:48 PM
david
 
Default Cannot install Flash plugin for Firefox

On Saturday 14 June 2008 17:57:22 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I have a new install of Kubuntu 8.04 with Firefox 3.0 (I am assuming
> RC1/2). I cannot install the flash pluggin. When I click on a flash
> placeholder Firefox downloads the pluggin and seems to install it with
> no problems. Firefox then prompts me to restart the browser, which I
> do, but the Flash pluggin remains uninstalled. What to do from here?

sudo apt-get insall flashplugin-nonfree

--
David M.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org