Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Cannot install Flash plugin for Firefox

I have a new install of Kubuntu 8.04 with Firefox 3.0 (I am assuming
RC1/2). I cannot install the flash pluggin. When I click on a flash
placeholder Firefox downloads the pluggin and seems to install it with
no problems. Firefox then prompts me to restart the browser, which I
do, but the Flash pluggin remains uninstalled. What to do from here?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
"John DeCarlo"

I have a new install of Kubuntu 8.04 with Firefox 3.0 (I am assuming

RC1/2). I cannot install the flash pluggin.
You could install the real Firefox - not the one from Kubuntu.
--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/6/15 John DeCarlo <johndecarlo@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a new install of Kubuntu 8.04 with Firefox 3.0 (I am assuming
>> RC1/2). I cannot install the flash pluggin.
>
> You could install the real Firefox - not the one from Kubuntu.

Oh? How modified is the Kubuntu Firefox from the Mozilla Firefox?
Legally, it cannot be too different if it is still using the Firefox
name.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:27 PM
"John DeCarlo"

Oh? How modified is the Kubuntu Firefox from the Mozilla Firefox?

Legally, it cannot be too different if it is still using the Firefox

name.

Legally?* Never mind.

As for the differences, I don't know how easy it is to find them.* Clearly it changes default directories, among other things.* Someone once pointed me to a site that listed the 2-300 changes documented.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own