Old 06-13-2008, 09:39 PM
"John Pierce"

Default Missing dialog option Dolphin

Hello list members!

My wife and I have to identical laptops, kubuntu 8.0.4 installed with
all the updates applied.

When, in dolphin, I right click a file and choose open with I have an
option to remember the application association.

If my wife does the same thing on her machine there is no option to
remember the association.

Dolphin version is 0.9.2 on kde 3.5.9

Which is the same on both machines.

Any help would be appreciated, TIA

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at

Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Jonathan Dlouhy

John, right-click on the file or program in question, click
"properties", then "open with", and pick the program you want.

Cheers,
--
Jonathan Dlouhy
============

Old 06-14-2008, 12:39 AM
John Heinen

Jonathan Dlouhy wrote:
> John, right-click on the file or program in question, click
> "properties", then "open with", and pick the program you want.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Jonathan Dlouhy
> ============
> "The problem with the French is that they don't have
> a word for entrepreneur."--George W. Bush
>

> John Pierce wrote:
>
>> Hello list members!
>>
>> My wife and I have to identical laptops, kubuntu 8.0.4 installed with
>> all the updates applied.
>>
>> When, in dolphin, I right click a file and choose open with I have an
>> option to remember the application association.
>>
>> If my wife does the same thing on her machine there is no option to
>> remember the association.
>>
>> Dolphin version is 0.9.2 on kde 3.5.9
>>
>> Which is the same on both machines.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated, TIA

Thank you. John H

Old 06-14-2008, 03:37 AM
"John Pierce"

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM, John Heinen <hensandpat@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Jonathan Dlouhy wrote:
>> John, right-click on the file or program in question, click
>> "properties", then "open with", and pick the program you want.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Jonathan Dlouhy
>> ============
>> "The problem with the French is that they don't have
>> a word for entrepreneur."--George W. Bush
>>

>> John Pierce wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list members!
>>>
>>> My wife and I have to identical laptops, kubuntu 8.0.4 installed with
>>> all the updates applied.
>>>
>>> When, in dolphin, I right click a file and choose open with I have an
>>> option to remember the application association.
>>>
>>> If my wife does the same thing on her machine there is no option to
>>> remember the association.
>>>
>>> Dolphin version is 0.9.2 on kde 3.5.9
>>>
>>> Which is the same on both machines.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated, TIA
>>>

> Thank you. John H

I can do that, but the part that is missing is the ability to have
dolphin remember the association.

I can choose the program, but I have to do that every time I open the
same type of file. The dialog is
missing the little check box that tells it to remember the association.

But it is only missing on the dolphin of my wife computer, not mine.