Old 06-13-2008, 07:31 PM
"John Pierce"

Default kde monitor power saving setting

Hello list members!

I have kubuntu 8.0.4 installed with all updates in place and everytime
I reboot the machine the power saving settings in system settings ->
monitor and display reverts
back to the enabled state. This laptop has an nvidia 6150 go chip and
every time the monitor
blanks out the screen becomes unusable when it wakes up, forcing a
ctrl alt bksp to get back to
the login screen.

I am curious why the settings would revert back after a reboot.

The nvidia 114 series drivers never did this, the 173 drivers do not,
but the 169 series which is
the current set does it every time.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at

Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Thomas Olsen

On Friday 13 June 2008 21:31:02 John Pierce wrote:
> Hello list members!
>
> I have kubuntu 8.0.4 installed with all updates in place and everytime
> I reboot the machine the power saving settings in system settings ->
> monitor and display reverts
> back to the enabled state. This laptop has an nvidia 6150 go chip and
> every time the monitor
> blanks out the screen becomes unusable when it wakes up, forcing a
> ctrl alt bksp to get back to
> the login screen.
>
> I am curious why the settings would revert back after a reboot.
>
> The nvidia 114 series drivers never did this, the 173 drivers do not,
> but the 169 series which is
> the current set does it every time.

I have almost the same problem with my Dell monitor. I've set it to turn off
the monitor after 30 minutes in the "Monitor & Display" settings but it also
reverts after reboot and sets it to 5 hours.
Where are these settings saved?

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen