Old 06-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Billie Walsh

Default 8.04 in Windows

Has anyone tried the new feature to install within Windows?

My reasoning is that I just bought a new laptop and I hate to do
anything while it's in warranty, I also thought about buying a new hard
drive and installing Kubuntu on it and taking out the original drive in
case I need to have warranty service. I can always pop in the original
hard drive if I have to send it in.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
"O. Sinclair"

Billie Walsh wrote:
> Has anyone tried the new feature to install within Windows?
not me

> My reasoning is that I just bought a new laptop and I hate to do
> anything while it's in warranty, I also thought about buying a new hard
> drive and installing Kubuntu on it and taking out the original drive in
> case I need to have warranty service. I can always pop in the original
> hard drive if I have to send it in.
hm, something tells me that would void any warranty on Earth, opening
the laptop yourself etc?

Sinclair

Old 06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
"fmartincich"

I would go with the later ide.. replacing the drive if your
warrenty is locked too if windows is installed or not.

/F