Old 06-12-2008, 03:17 AM
"John Pierce"

Default kde 3 & 4 side by side?

Hello list members, if I do the following command
apt-get install kde4
will I have both kde 3 and 4 side by side or will it replace
the kde3 install?

TIA

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at

Old 06-12-2008, 04:26 AM
Steve Lamb

John Pierce wrote:
> Hello list members, if I do the following command
> apt-get install kde4
> will I have both kde 3 and 4 side by side or will it replace
> the kde3 install?

Side-by-side. You choose which you want to boot into from KDM's
"session" menu.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:02 AM
"John Pierce"

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
> John Pierce wrote:
>> Hello list members, if I do the following command
>> apt-get install kde4
>> will I have both kde 3 and 4 side by side or will it replace
>> the kde3 install?
>
> Side-by-side. You choose which you want to boot into from KDM's
> "session" menu.

Thank you

Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Karl Vanwynsberghe

And if you only want KDE4?
(I'm currently running Kubuntu 8.04 with kde 3.5.9. but want to change
completely when 4.1 comes...)

Karl,