Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default KlamAV problems

Am I the only one who now and then use KlamAV to scan usb flash memory
etc? Since installing 8.04 I can start, update etc but if I try to
minimize to Tasktray it dies with error message "update process died
suddenly, did you manually kill it?"

Have not found anything worthwhile on the net about this.

Regards,
Sinclair

Old 06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Pastor JW

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 12:04:56 am O. Sinclair wrote:
> Am I the only one who now and then use KlamAV to scan usb flash memory
> etc? Since installing 8.04 I can start, update etc but if I try to
> minimize to Tasktray it dies with error message "update process died
> suddenly, did you manually kill it?"

Have you run Klamav in "Run Command"? It seems each time Clam is updated it
does this till I run it as a command. Then it goes ahead and loads at boot
and stays lit in the tray. I use it for mailscan mostly but do check
pendrives.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 06-12-2008, 06:55 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Pastor JW wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2008 12:04:56 am O. Sinclair wrote:
>> Am I the only one who now and then use KlamAV to scan usb flash memory
>> etc? Since installing 8.04 I can start, update etc but if I try to
>> minimize to Tasktray it dies with error message "update process died
>> suddenly, did you manually kill it?"
>
> Have you run Klamav in "Run Command"? It seems each time Clam is updated it
> does this till I run it as a command. Then it goes ahead and loads at boot
> and stays lit in the tray. I use it for mailscan mostly but do check
> pendrives.

Weird - that did it. Started Klamav via Run Command, let it stay open
and rebooted and Klamav now nicely resides in the tray. Bug for all I
know but one I can live with

thanks,
Sinclair