-   -   Upgrade existing Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) to Kubuntu 7.10(Gutsy Gibbon) in one step (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/10407-upgrade-existing-kubuntu-6-06-dapper-drake-kubuntu-7-10-gutsy-gibbon-one-step.html)

Girard Henri 12-02-2007 08:33 AM

Upgrade existing Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) to Kubuntu 7.10(Gutsy Gibbon) in one step

i use nighty alpha 64 and 32 otherwise the public release is for april
2008 :)

Eric 12-02-2007 11:43 AM

Ben Tompkins (Home) wrote:
> Eric Jackson,
> Thanks for the advice. I have CD .iso files for Dapper Drake 6.06.1,
> Feisty Fawn 7.04 and Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 BUT NOT Edgy Eft 6.10. Can you please
> tell me where I can download the Alternate install CD Image for Edgy Eft.
>
> Regards Ben Tompkins.

Hi Ben,

Do you have 6.06 installed? If so, you don't need an .iso for the
upgrade, especially if you have a high speed internet connection.
Following the instructions on the link I sent will result in your
downloading and installing what you need for the upgrade.

As I mentioned, I upgraded yesterday from 6.06 to 6.4 to 7.04. I didn't
use an .iso or a disc. During one of the upgrades (and I don't remember
which one) I was asked if I had a disc for the upgrade that could be
used instead of downloading the files. I didn't have one so I said no
and it did the upgrade anyway.

Eric Jackson