Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 PM
"John Pierce"

Default Starting Alt Install from dvd

I have downloaded the latest DVD iso of kubuntu 8.0.4
and would like to use an existing lvm schema that I have.
However, I cannot figure out how to start the alternate installer!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at

Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Ignazio Palmisano

John Pierce wrote:
> I have downloaded the latest DVD iso of kubuntu 8.0.4
> and would like to use an existing lvm schema that I have.
> However, I cannot figure out how to start the alternate installer!

I don't remember the exact option but when you start from the dvd it
gives you a menu where you can choose something like "text install".
However, the normal install will give you the option to reuse the
existing partitions, so you should be able to use any install method by
just choosing the manual option at the partitioning step.
HTH,
I.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:03 AM
"John Pierce"

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Ignazio Palmisano <ignazio_io@yahoo.it> wrote:
> John Pierce wrote:
>> I have downloaded the latest DVD iso of kubuntu 8.0.4
>> and would like to use an existing lvm schema that I have.
>> However, I cannot figure out how to start the alternate installer!
>
> I don't remember the exact option but when you start from the dvd it
> gives you a menu where you can choose something like "text install".
> However, the normal install will give you the option to reuse the
> existing partitions, so you should be able to use any install method by
> just choosing the manual option at the partitioning step.
> HTH,
> I.
>

>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA