Old 12-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Wulfy

Default Upgrade existing Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) to Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) in one step

Ben Tompkins wrote:
> How can I Upgrade Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) to Kunbuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)
> directly or do I have to go via Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) and if so how do I
> do it? I can see the procedure using Adept from Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) to
> Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) in the Kubunto Wiki section am unable to apply
> this to Adept in Dapper Drake version. I am unable to find instructions for
> doing the same from Dapper Drake to Feisty Fawn. If I have to do it in two
> steps, thats fine if someone can tell me how to do the first step from
> Kubuntu 6.06 to Kubuntu 7.04.
>
> Thanks
> Ben Tompkins

You have to go Dapper -> Edgy -> Feisty -> Gutsy, if you want to
upgrade. One step? Install Gutsy.

Or wait until Hardy Heron and do the LTS upgrade...

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes>

Sorry.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:

Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Eric

Ben Tompkins wrote:
> How can I Upgrade Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) to Kunbuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)
> directly or do I have to go via Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) and if so how do I
> do it? I can see the procedure using Adept from Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) to
> Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) in the Kubunto Wiki section am unable to apply
> this to Adept in Dapper Drake version. I am unable to find instructions for
> doing the same from Dapper Drake to Feisty Fawn. If I have to do it in two
> steps, thats fine if someone can tell me how to do the first step from
> Kubuntu 6.06 to Kubuntu 7.04.
>
> Thanks
> Ben Tompkins

I just upgraded today from 6.06.1 to 6.4 to 7.04. I am going to upgrade
to 7.10 tomorrow.

Try this link. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EdgyUpgrades

By the way, I had to install both gksu and update-manager which are the
commands you are instructed to use on the link I just listed.

When I did my first update to 6.4 a window opened saying there was a new
version. It asked if I wanted to upgrade to 7.04.

Eric Jackson