Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Pete

Default I would just like to say...

Wow. Thanks for posting this.

-pd-

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

FYI. *I think this to all of you.

Scott K

---------- *Forwarded Message *----------

Subject: I would just like to say...

Date: Sunday 11 May 2008 00:38

From: Robert Azinger <roboghast@yahoo.com>

To: ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com

This post is for all of you out there

who have developed or contributed to Linux/Ubuntu projects and all of the

*open source coders who read this.I do not know where to send a post like

*this so I hope this one email will find its way in the sea of posts out

*there.

I thank you to the point of tears.

Earlier this week I installed Kubuntu

on a refurbished AMD computer I purchased for $184 from a discount

online vendor, it came with no OS. It now runs like a champ.

We cant afford much and this was my 14

year old daughter's birthday present this past week. She is

overjoyed. And she is already trying to tackle Adept Manager and

exploring Linux; adding bling and her music, of course.

I cant tell you how much I appreciate

the work you all have done. Its a work of art. If I could thank each and

*every one of you I would.

You have given her the world to learn and explore.

So if you get frustrated or tired in

your work for Open Source/Free Software, just remember that somewhere in

*Missouri there is a 14 year-old girl named Hope, an A-student who runs on

*the track team, who is now your biggest fan and one of the newest users of

Linux/Ubuntu.

Thanks most sincerely,

R.B.A.

Missouri