Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Hug Day - 25 April 2008

Hi Everyone,

Back on the 26th of October 2006 the Edgy Eft 6.10 release was
announced. As with any non-LTS release, support is provided for a
period of 18 months following the release. That 18 month period is fast
approaching for Edgy. The goal of the April 25th Bug Day will be to
migrate any existing 2.6.17 kernel bugs from Edgy to the current Hardy
Heron 2.6.24 kernel. We want to make sure that as Edgy nears it's end
of life that bugs do not get lost or forgotten as we make this
transition. The event will be held in #ubuntu-bugs on Freenode. Our
goal is to deal with all of the bugs listed at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20080425

However, please refrain from working on the list of bugs until after
the final Hardy Heron 8.04 release has been announced.

Also, while you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

Feel free to ask bdmurray, ogasawara, pedro, and heno of the QA Team
for ways to help out. We hope to see you there and your name on the
list of bug triagers!

Sincerely,
Leann Ogasawara

Old 04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Brian Tillman

I want a hug!

Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Back on the 26th of October 2006 the Edgy Eft 6.10 release was
> announced. As with any non-LTS release, support is provided for a
> period of 18 months following the release. That 18 month period is fast
> approaching for Edgy. The goal of the April 25th Bug Day will be to
> migrate any existing 2.6.17 kernel bugs from Edgy to the current Hardy
> Heron 2.6.24 kernel. We want to make sure that as Edgy nears it's end
> of life that bugs do not get lost or forgotten as we make this
> transition. The event will be held in #ubuntu-bugs on Freenode. Our
> goal is to deal with all of the bugs listed at:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20080425
>
> However, please refrain from working on the list of bugs until after
> the final Hardy Heron 8.04 release has been announced.
>
> Also, while you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
> anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl
>
> Feel free to ask bdmurray, ogasawara, pedro, and heno of the QA Team
> for ways to help out. We hope to see you there and your name on the
> list of bug triagers!
>

> Sincerely,
> Leann Ogasawara

believed to be clean.