Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Jonathan Riddell

Default CD testers needed

Join us for a day of testing, we need people to test the Kubuntu
install for RC candidate CDs.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all

Find us on #kubuntu-devel.

Jonathan

Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 PM
chuck adams

On Thursday 17 April 2008 01:26:38 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Join us for a day of testing, we need people to test the Kubuntu
> install for RC candidate CDs.
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all
>
> Find us on #kubuntu-devel.
>
> Jonathan

Are the daily-live builds also a good test?

I have been doing them daily and the errors that I was
previously having have been cleared up. And my thanks
to all that help make the errors go away. Keep up the
good work.

Let me know if I need to change to the above discs instead
of the daily-live CDs.

ciao,

--
chuck adams, k7qo
k7qo@commspeed.net

Old 04-18-2008, 01:09 AM
"Ahmed Osman"

I tested the install process for i386 KDE4 cd, there were 3 things I noticed.

When resizing an ext3 partition through manual partitoining, the check filesystem progress bar stays at 0%, and the resizing progress bar jumps to 50% and stays there until complete.

If you mark two partitions with the same mount point on the same disk, the wizard complains about a partition being too small, instead of duplicate mount points, in this case I had a 500MB partition marked as / and a 15GB partition also marked as / on one disk.

-Ahmed

Join us for a day of testing, we need people to test the Kubuntu

install for RC candidate CDs.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all

Find us on #kubuntu-devel.

Jonathan