Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Steve Riley

Default Blue Shell PPA for Firefox -- package name confusion

There's been some ongoing confusion in the forum regarding which package named
"firefox" is the one from Blue Shell. Occasionally, when Ubuntu updates theirs,
people who perform a system update will end up receiving the non-Blue Shell
version because the update of Blue Shell's version is a bit behind.

What would you guys think of naming the actual package firefox-kde instead?

...Steve

Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan

Does this package contain any elements that are specific to KDE?Ovidiu - Florin Bogdan
mob: +40 743-135.018 _

I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a messy bloodbath.

http://www.google.com/profiles/ovidiu.b13

Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Steve Riley

On 2012-09-19 22:34:11 Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan <ovidiu.b13@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this package contain any elements that are specific to KDE?

It's Firefox compiled with KDE support. More info here:

https://launchpad.net/~blue-shell/+archive/firefox-kde

...Steve

Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan

+1Ovidiu - Florin Bogdan

Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Rohan Garg

As suggested on IRC a couple of minutes, would it be viable to
document pinning the package using Muon? Jonathan says that this can
be done via muon ( downgrade the package and then pin it to the
current version ).

Best
Rohan Garg

Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Rohan Garg

Harald also pointed out that this would pose a security risk as we do
not have releases the same day as ubuntu.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Jussi Kekkonen

Hi,

Without knowing the details more in depth, is there any particular
reason why the whole Firefox is bundled with the support? Any way it
could be a just support provided to "ubuntu-stock" Firefox as separate
package?

On 20 September 2012 21:36, Rohan Garg <rohan16garg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Harald also pointed out that this would pose a security risk as we do
> not have releases the same day as ubuntu.
>

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Rohan Garg <rohan16garg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As suggested on IRC a couple of minutes, would it be viable to
>> document pinning the package using Muon? Jonathan says that this can
>> be done via muon ( downgrade the package and then pin it to the
>> current version ).
>>
>> Best
>> Rohan Garg
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan
>> <ovidiu.b13@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Ovidiu - Florin Bogdan
>>> mob: +40 743-135.018 _
>>> I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a
>>> messy bloodbath.
>>> http://www.google.com/profiles/ovidiu.b13

>>> --

Jussi Kekkonen, Tm_T