-   -   Request for sponsorship - UDS (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/702399-request-sponsorship-uds.html)

Michal Zajac 09-10-2012 04:52 PM

Request for sponsorship - UDS

Dear Kubuntu Council Members,

Unfortunately, Canonical has refused to sponsor my attendance to the upcoming Ubuntu Developers Summit in Denmark. That said, I would like to ask Kubuntu Council to sponsor my attendance. I have not been able to work much during Quantal cycle due to school and I would like to use the next UDS as an excellent opportunity to get back into the development. This cycle I would like to finally finish parts of our mobile devices interface, work more on Project Neon and work closely with Telepathy KDE upstream and much more. Nearest airport is located in Wroclaw, Poland or Berlin, Germany. No special dietary requirements. I'm happy to answer any further questions.

Best regards,

Michal

Aurélien Gâteau 09-12-2012 03:14 PM

Request for sponsorship - UDS

Dear Kubuntu Council Members,

Just like Michal, Canonical decided not to sponsor me to attend UDS.

These days I am not involved in Kubuntu has much as I would like, but I
am an active KDE upstream developer and I try to provide support and
advice on Qt and KDE development on the IRC channel. As a former
Canonical employee I still have reasonably good knowledge of
Canonical-specific technologies such as indicators or dbusmenu.

I attended a few UDS in the past and I believe I was able to make
valuable contributions to Kubuntu while there. I would like
to ask the Kubuntu Council to sponsor me.

Aurélien

Alex Fiestas 09-12-2012 03:23 PM

Request for sponsorship - UDS

Hi there!

This year Canonical has refused to sponsor my attendance to UDS :/ luckly this
year we have the possibility to apply for Kubuntu sponsorship so that's what
I'd like to do in this email.

I have attended the last 3 uds, I can't say if my participation has been
useful for Kubuntu, but it sure has been useful to me, to understand better
how distributions works and create a bound with Kubuntu's community.

This year, besides my "Upstream PoV" I'd like to talk about "Applications,
KDE, and ppa's". I will write more about this in a few days.

Finally:
Nearest airport is "Barcelona, El prat".
I'm vegetarian.
I don't mind sharing a room, but be aware I snore (so my roomate may
suffer...).

Cheers !