-   -   Remove Preview Panel and add Tooltip Preview. (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/700134-remove-preview-panel-add-tooltip-preview.html)

Giuseppe Pennisi 09-03-2012 01:38 PM

Remove Preview Panel and add Tooltip Preview.

Remove Preview Panel and add Tooltip Preview.

Because:
1. Look is better;
2. "Normal" user not use the advanced features of Preview Panel (i.e.:
tags, etc..).
3. Preview Panel wastes useful space (expecially on small screens).
4. The preview can be replaced by Tooltip preview.

Please view the image to show an example.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/previewxq.png/

Aleix Pol 09-03-2012 01:46 PM

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Giuseppe Pennisi <giupenni78@gmail.com> wrote:
> Remove Preview Panel and add Tooltip Preview.
>
> Because:
> 1. Look is better;
> 2. "Normal" user not use the advanced features of Preview Panel (i.e.:
> tags, etc..).
> 3. Preview Panel wastes useful space (expecially on small screens).
> 4. The preview can be replaced by Tooltip preview.
>
> Please view the image to show an example.
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/previewxq.png/

We should see if that's technically possible. In any case I'd suggest
you to join the forum.kde.org, in the brainstorm section [1] and there
we can see where we go.

Cheers!
Aleix

[1] http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=83

Giuseppe Pennisi 09-03-2012 02:06 PM

Remove Preview Panel and add Tooltip Preview.

I've not suggested it in KDE Brainstorm because it's only one of many
KDE configurations.

Infact this solution appear in some KDE announcements (
http://kde.org/announcements/4.9/plasma.php ) and screenshot by Peter
Penz.

I think it can be set in kubuntu-default-settings.

Giuseppe.