Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Steve Riley

Default KCM for UFW

Back in the days of Maverick, Kubuntu shipped with a KCM for managing the
Uncomplicated Firewall.

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/UFW+KControl+Module?content=137789

Recently, in a conversation on the forum about must-have apps, this KCM came
up. We are wondering why this was dropped from Kubuntu after Maverick?

...Steve

Old 08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Scott Kitterman

Steve Riley <steve@rileyz.net> wrote:

>Back in the days of Maverick, Kubuntu shipped with a KCM for managing
>the
>Uncomplicated Firewall.
>
>http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/UFW+KControl+Module?content=137789
>
>Recently, in a conversation on the forum about must-have apps, this KCM
>came
>up. We are wondering why this was dropped from Kubuntu after Maverick?

It was unmaintained. The person that had been developing it dropped out of kubuntu development.

Scott K

Old 08-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Steve Riley

On 2012-08-04 20:17:07 Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

> Steve Riley <steve@rileyz.net> wrote:
> >
> >Back in the days of Maverick, Kubuntu shipped with a KCM for managing
> >the Uncomplicated Firewall.
> >
> >http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/UFW+KControl+Module?content=137789
> >
> >Recently, in a conversation on the forum about must-have apps, this KCM
> >came
> >up. We are wondering why this was dropped from Kubuntu after Maverick?
>
> It was unmaintained. The person that had been developing it dropped out of
> kubuntu development.

And judging from the comments, it appears that the most recent update, from
May this year, is still troublesome. So perhaps continuing to omit it is wise.

...Steve