Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default UDS!

UDS dates have been announced
29th Oct – 1st Nov 2012
Only 4 days this time, in Denmark.

Let's get a good showing of Kubuntu folk there to show we still mean business.

Kubuntu has some money now so I think we'll go with recommending
applying to Canonical for sponsorship and if rejected from that
applying to kubuntu council. If done though Kubuntu council you'll
probably have to pay for travel and hotel yourself to be refunded
after.

Jonathan

Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Jonathan Riddell

And sponsorship applications is open now
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-r/sponsorship/

Anyone fancy doing what it takes to make some Kubuntu swag to make us look the part? Some polo shirts would look very fancy.

Jonathan

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Thursday, August 02, 2012 02:55:48 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> And sponsorship applications is open now
> http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-r/sponsorship/
>
> Anyone fancy doing what it takes to make some Kubuntu swag to make us look
> the part? Some polo shirts would look very fancy.

Doesn't that need the trademarks issue cleared up first?

Scott K

Old 08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Harald Sitter

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, August 02, 2012 02:55:48 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> And sponsorship applications is open now
>> http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-r/sponsorship/
>>
>> Anyone fancy doing what it takes to make some Kubuntu swag to make us look
>> the part? Some polo shirts would look very fancy.
>
> Doesn't that need the trademarks issue cleared up first?

Yes, swag is part of the trademark. No, one can simply ask Canonical
for permission (as done previously by community members).

HS