Old 07-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default akonadi-facebook on ISOs?

I'd like to recommend akonadi-facebook for inclusion on the ISOs, it
can be set up to get calendar items and contacts from Facebook.
Available now in Quantal, please test and let me know what you think.

Jonathan

Old 07-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 03:32:07 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'd like to recommend akonadi-facebook for inclusion on the ISOs, it
> can be set up to get calendar items and contacts from Facebook.
> Available now in Quantal, please test and let me know what you think.

As long as it works well, I think it's probably reasonable to include as a
recommends.

Scott K

Old 07-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Harald Sitter

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I'd like to recommend akonadi-facebook for inclusion on the ISOs, it
> can be set up to get calendar items and contacts from Facebook.
> Available now in Quantal, please test and let me know what you think.

Do we have a sane ui to configure it?

HS

Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 04:37:24PM +0200, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to recommend akonadi-facebook for inclusion on the ISOs, it
> > can be set up to get calendar items and contacts from Facebook.
> > Available now in Quantal, please test and let me know what you think.
>
> Do we have a sane ui to configure it?

Sane but a bit hidden away in System Settings -> Personal Information -> Add

Jonathan

Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Alex Fiestas

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 03:32:07 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'd like to recommend akonadi-facebook for inclusion on the ISOs, it
> can be set up to get calendar items and contacts from Facebook.
> Available now in Quantal, please test and let me know what you think.
>
> Jonathan

Hey Martin !

You have been working on the Facebook akonadi resource recently didn't you?

Would you say that it is in a stable enough status to be shipped by default in
the next Kubuntu?

We should be able to ship updates of it (minor bug fixing releases) for a few
weeks, so in case we need to do some bug fixing that should be ok.

Cheerz and thanks !

Old 07-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Alex Fiestas

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 04:56:31 PM Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Thing is that it wasn't really released yet, so I'll probably claim
> maintainership of it and do a first release.

Long life to the maintainer !

Remember to setup correctly the i18n and email the i18n ppl for "pushing" a
little bit to translate it

Ps: You're awesome and you know it