Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Harald Sitter

Default KDE Telepathy 0.4 - Call for Testing

For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.

With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].

Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.

[1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
[2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4

HS

Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Steve Riley

On 2012-07-12 21:00:52 Harald Sitter wrote:

> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>
> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>
> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.

I'm steveriley @ jabber . org (XMPP) for anyone who'd like to try it out.

...Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Steve Riley

Old 07-12-2012, 07:52 PM
"O. Sinclair"

For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.

With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].

Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.

[1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
[2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4

HS

Can it be tested under 11.10 or you must be on 12.04 first?

/Sinclair

Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Ravi K Sharma

I wanted to try out the telepathy as my kopete doesn't connect to
jabber anymore...but when I added the software sources "the
backport"...I couldn't install the telepathy...

Can some one tell me how to install...for me the dependencies for meta
package were not resolving..

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/07/2012 21:00, Harald Sitter wrote:
>>
>> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
>> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>>
>> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
>> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>>
>> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
>> [2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4
>>
>> HS
>>
> Can it be tested under 11.10 or you must be on 12.04 first?
>
> /Sinclair

Ravi K. Sharma
Noida, INDIA

Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Steve Riley

On 2012-07-12 21:52:28 O. Sinclair wrote:

> Can it be tested under 11.10 or you must be on 12.04 first?

Currently, 0.4 is in the official 12.10 archive. 12.04 still has the older
version 0.3.1, although there's a plan to move 0.4 into 12.04.

The Telepathy KDE team has a PPA, but its 11.10 bits are an even older
version, 0.3.0. I don't see any 0.4 build for 11.10.

https://launchpad.net/~telepathy-kde/+archive/ppa

...Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Steve Riley

On 2012-07-12 01:30:28 Ravi K Sharma wrote:

> I wanted to try out the telepathy as my kopete doesn't connect to
> jabber anymore...but when I added the software sources "the
> backport"...I couldn't install the telepathy...
>
> Can some one tell me how to install...for me the dependencies for meta
> package were not resolving..

It appears that the metapackage for 0.4 didn't make it into the Precise
backport. I'm comparing

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-
ppa/+archive/backports/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=p ublished&field.series_filter=precise

https://launchpad.net/~telepathy-
kde/+archive/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=p ublished&field.series_filter=precise

and meta-kde-telepathy is missing.

Adding kubuntu-devel to the email.

...Steve

Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Steve Riley

Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Aleix Pol

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>
> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>
> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.
>
> [1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
> [2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4
>
> HS

FWIW, I've been using it (master version) for a while already and it
works great

Aleix