-   -   KDE Telepathy 0.4 - Call for Testing (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/683042-kde-telepathy-0-4-call-testing.html)

Harald Sitter 07-12-2012 07:00 PM

KDE Telepathy 0.4 - Call for Testing

For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.

With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].

Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.

[1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
[2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4

HS

Steve Riley 07-12-2012 07:09 PM

On 2012-07-12 21:00:52 Harald Sitter wrote:

> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>
> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>
> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.

I'm steveriley @ jabber . org (XMPP) for anyone who'd like to try it out.

...Steve

Steve Riley 07-12-2012 07:09 PM

"O. Sinclair" 07-12-2012 07:52 PM

KDE Telepathy 0.4 - Call for Testing

For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.

With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].

Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.

[1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
[2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4

HS

Can it be tested under 11.10 or you must be on 12.04 first?

/Sinclair

Ravi K Sharma 07-12-2012 08:00 PM

KDE Telepathy 0.4 - Call for Testing

I wanted to try out the telepathy as my kopete doesn't connect to
jabber anymore...but when I added the software sources "the
backport"...I couldn't install the telepathy...

Can some one tell me how to install...for me the dependencies for meta
package were not resolving.. :(

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/07/2012 21:00, Harald Sitter wrote:
>>
>> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
>> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>>
>> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
>> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>>
>> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
>> [2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4
>>
>> HS
>>
> Can it be tested under 11.10 or you must be on 12.04 first?
>
> /Sinclair

Ravi K. Sharma
Noida, INDIA

Steve Riley 07-12-2012 08:03 PM

On 2012-07-12 21:52:28 O. Sinclair wrote:

> Can it be tested under 11.10 or you must be on 12.04 first?

Currently, 0.4 is in the official 12.10 archive. 12.04 still has the older
version 0.3.1, although there's a plan to move 0.4 into 12.04.

The Telepathy KDE team has a PPA, but its 11.10 bits are an even older
version, 0.3.0. I don't see any 0.4 build for 11.10.

https://launchpad.net/~telepathy-kde/+archive/ppa

...Steve

Steve Riley 07-12-2012 08:14 PM

On 2012-07-12 01:30:28 Ravi K Sharma wrote:

> I wanted to try out the telepathy as my kopete doesn't connect to
> jabber anymore...but when I added the software sources "the
> backport"...I couldn't install the telepathy...
>
> Can some one tell me how to install...for me the dependencies for meta
> package were not resolving.. :(

It appears that the metapackage for 0.4 didn't make it into the Precise
backport. I'm comparing

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-
ppa/+archive/backports/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=p ublished&field.series_filter=precise

https://launchpad.net/~telepathy-
kde/+archive/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=p ublished&field.series_filter=precise

and meta-kde-telepathy is missing.

Adding kubuntu-devel to the email.

...Steve

Steve Riley 07-12-2012 08:14 PM

Aleix Pol 07-12-2012 10:35 PM

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> For the release of Kubuntu 12.10 we are thinking about switching to a
> different instant messaging framework named Telepathy.
>
> With KDE Telepathy 0.4 [1] we now have a viable testing candiate for
> you to try on your existing 12.04 installation [2].
>
> Please take it for a test drive and report back any findings and thoughts.
>
> [1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/06/11/new-kde-telepathy-version-features-audio-and-video-calls
> [2] http://www.kubuntu.org/ktp-0.4
>
> HS

FWIW, I've been using it (master version) for a while already and it
works great :)

Aleix