Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Harald Sitter

Default Kubuntu Council Elections 2012

The Kubuntu Council is a group of 6 Kubuntu Members who get to vote on
membership of Kubuntu Members and occasionally other decisions regarding
Kubuntu.

Half the council is nearing the end of their 2 year appointment so we need
to hold elections for the open positions to the council. This could be
you! If you are a Kubuntu Member and are willing to turn up to Kubuntu
meetings as much as possible for the next couple of years do consider
putting your name forward.

We are particularly encouraging non-developers to put their name forward,
as we feel that a less development focused council is beneficial for
the Kubuntu community.

To put your name forward make sure you update your wiki page and then post
to this list.

To nominate someone else also write to this list. It might be a good idea
to first have a chat with the affected person. Please note that everyone
who was nominated by someone else will have to verify their nomination.

Closing date for nominations is June 9 at 23:59 UTC.

The poll will start on June 10. Voting instructions will be sent to
members of the kubuntu-members team with public email addresses on
Launchpad directly. If you do not have a public email address in Launchpad
and wish to vote, email me privately with the address you'd like used you
will get a ballot as well.

regards,
Harald for the Kubuntu Council

Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Friday, May 25, 2012 10:52:06 PM Harald Sitter wrote:
> To put your name forward make sure you update your wiki page and then post
> to this list.
I nominate me.

Scott K

Old 05-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Jonathan Riddell

I'd like to put myself forward for the Kubuntu Council again. I've
been helping make Kubuntu a successful community led project since it
began. I'm currently doing the negotiations to get it back to the
same place and hopefully better than we were when Canonical fully supported
us. I hope that to be completed soon and to get cracking on the work
items from the last UDS.

Jonathan

Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Myriam Schweingruber

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM, tobias schwibingerr
<whyskyhigh@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> Kubuntu.
>>
>> Half the council is nearing the end of their 2 year
>

> good morning. Is there also a council for xubuntu or ubuntu oder lubuntu and so on or only with kubuntU

Yes, there is, you can find all further information in Launchpad and
the various L/X/Ubuntu wiki pages.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org

Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 PM
heathmatlock

How is this decided, do mailing list members vote or..?

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I'd like to put myself forward for the Kubuntu Council again. *I've
> been helping make Kubuntu a successful community led project since it
> began. *I'm currently doing the negotiations to get it back to the
> same place and hopefully better than we were when Canonical fully supported
> us. *I hope that to be completed soon and to get cracking on the work
> items from the last UDS.
>
> Jonathan

Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Harald Sitter

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM, heathmatlock <heathmatlock@gmail.com> wrote:
> How is this decided, do mailing list members vote or..?

Nah, some web service.

HS

Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 PM
heathmatlock

Do you have a link by chance?

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM, heathmatlock <heathmatlock@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How is this decided, do mailing list members vote or..?
>
> Nah, some web service.
>
> HS

Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225

Old 05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Jonathan Thomas

The voting hasn't started yet, but once the nomination period (handled
via the mailing lists) has ended, the voting page via the webservice
will be created and circulated to the kubuntu-devel and kubuntu-users
mailing lists.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:05:46AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> The voting hasn't started yet, but once the nomination period (handled
> via the mailing lists) has ended, the voting page via the webservice
> will be created and circulated to the kubuntu-devel and kubuntu-users
> mailing lists.

That's not quite right, voting is by kubuntu members only, see the ~kubuntu-members team on launchpad

Jonathan