-   -   Looking to contribute (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/668070-looking-contribute.html)

Jayson Rowe 05-18-2012 03:08 AM

Looking to contribute

Good Evening,
I've been lurking as a Kubuntu user since 5.04 first hit, and I'm
interested in getting involved and contributing back. Looking for any
areas where I may be able to help.

I'm a SysAdmin/NetAdmin by trade, also do some development (Python,
Ruby, and even .NET). I'm willing to learn packaging or anything else.
I've followed the packaging guide, and I think I have everything set
up, including pbuilder setup for Precise, Oneiric, Natty and Lucid.

I also try to lurk in IRC and help out when I have time (I'm jaysonr
on Freenode). Interested in any advice to get me started.

My Launchpad profile is here: https://launchpad.net/~jayson.rowe

Thanks!

--
-jayson

05-21-2012 10:10 AM

Looking to contribute

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:08:47PM -0400, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> I've been lurking as a Kubuntu user since 5.04 first hit, and I'm
> interested in getting involved and contributing back. Looking for any
> areas where I may be able to help.

Great, come on in.

At this early stage in the cycle there will be a bunch of work to merge the packages to minimise the changes against Debian. So as a way to start I'd suggest grabbing a package and working out the differences against Debian and if they should be kept.

pick a KDE package from https://merges.ubuntu.com/main.html maybe skanlite

We tend to work best on IRC in #kubuntu-devel so just say hi and ask for help when you get stuck (I'm off IRC for a wee brake until the start of June).

Jonathan