Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Mark Fraser

Default firefox-kde-support

I have just upgraded my first computer to 12.04 and I noticed that the package
firefox-kde-support is no longer available to install. From what I've read on
the forums, this seems to be due to Canonical no longer sponsoring Kubuntu.

If this is the case, could it not be moved to universe or multiverse instead?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Sunday, May 06, 2012 09:13:58 PM Mark Fraser wrote:
> I have just upgraded my first computer to 12.04 and I noticed that the
> package firefox-kde-support is no longer available to install. From what
> I've read on the forums, this seems to be due to Canonical no longer
> sponsoring Kubuntu.
>
> If this is the case, could it not be moved to universe or multiverse
> instead?

This is unrelated to the changes in Canonical support of Kubuntu. This change
is a result of the new Mozilla rapid release model for Firefox. The KDE
integration changes take a lot of work to update for each release and now that
they are coming so rapidly, it was more work than we could do.

Scott K