-   -   PPPoE not working in Precise (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/663095-pppoe-not-working-precise.html)

Alessandro Menti 05-04-2012 03:47 PM

PPPoE not working in Precise

Il 04/05/2012 16:06, Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan ha scritto:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm new in Kubuntu Testing, and I don't quite know yet all the steps I have
> to take, but I think I've found a bug in Precise (Kubuntu 12.04).
> I have a fresh installation on an MSI laptop, and I cannot connect it to a
> PPPoE network. All the details are added just like I did on 11.10, but it
> fails to connect.
>
> It starts the connection, but after about 2 minutes of waiting it fails to
> connect.
>
> The hardware has no problems, neither does the connection; it works
> flawlessly on Windows.
>
> How can I generate a report for this issue?
Hi and welcome,
you can generate reports by following the procedures outlined at [1] and
[2] (basically, you update to the latest trunk version, file a bug
report in Launchpad and attach some debug log files).

Regards,
Alessandro Menti

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingNetworkManager
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingModemmanager
--
A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink.
The bartender replies "for you, no charge".