-   -   Making folderview as default for all new users (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/663039-making-folderview-default-all-new-users.html)

Flavio Moringa 05-04-2012 01:15 PM

Making folderview as default for all new users

I guys,

maybe you can help me out here.

In Kubuntu 11.10 I managed to configure /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc so that all the users I created had as default the "folderview" layout and not the upstream "Desktop" layout, as also have the widgets locked by default...

It was relatively easy to do... I just configured a user the way I liked it, an then copied it's plasma-desktop-appletsrc (without the geometry entries) to /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/...

But in 12.04 it doesn't work... it doesn't do anything... it's like the file isn't even there....

What changed? Any thoughts or help? Any other way to do this?

Thanks a lot

Your's trully

--
Flávio Moringa

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan 05-04-2012 01:53 PM

Making folderview as default for all new users

Hello,*
Can you also change the files on the live cd and after you install it the settings are like that?

Sincerely,Ovidiu - Florin Bogdan

mob: +40 743-135.018 _I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a messy bloodbath.

http://www.google.com/profiles/ovidiu.b13

Flavio Moringa 05-04-2012 02:02 PM

Making folderview as default for all new users

I,

my problem is that I want it to become the default for all new users created after installation...

Cheers
Flávio

[...]

Project Leader

Caixa Mágica Software

Energia Open Source

Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1 - 4.º B,

Edifício Espanha, 1600-196 Lisboa - Portugal

Tel.: +351 217 921 260 Fax: +351 217 921 261
http://www.caixamagica.pt

https://twitter.com/flaviomoringa

https://www.facebook.com/flaviomoringa
http://pt.linkedin.com/in/flaviomoringa