Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default oneiric dist upgrade

14:03 < Riddell> k-n-h has had dist upgrade notification turned off in favour of kpackagekit
14:03 < Riddell> which we don't use
14:03 < Riddell> may I panic now?

Jonathan is there something that replaces it in muon in oneiric?

Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Jonathan Thomas

I placed k-n-h's dist-upgrade code in the Muon Notifier. It'll need
the following patches to work though:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/c2b733c77df2206a1530f5e4793bd2a263842efd
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/21bc7f1e5afea23da49f3522ef4a312e04635751

I was meaning to try to get an SRU for those, but I've been buried in
schoolwork. (Finals are coming...)

Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:08:49AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> I placed k-n-h's dist-upgrade code in the Muon Notifier. It'll need
> the following patches to work though:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/c2b733c77df2206a1530f5e4793bd2a263842efd
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/21bc7f1e5afea23da49f3522ef4a312e04635751

Thanks for the quick answer
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muon/+bug/988349 is the SRU
compiling now
will need testing shortly

Jonathan

Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Jonathan Thomas

While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/93e577600d78530b3df7c38f935d82d72afe2d88

The default repo settings changed during the middle of 11.10, and now
the installer crashes on startup.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?

Sorry not today, too stressed as it is

Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 04:07:27 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> > While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?
>
> Sorry not today, too stressed as it is

Even if JR weren't excessively stressed, any SRU we are going to promote from
-proposed to -updates in less than a day really, really needs to be the
minimal change needed to do the job. No reason you can't do another SRU next
week.

Scott K

Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Jonathan Thomas

No worries, I'll see about it next week.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM
txwikinger

Crashes on startup? Is that a critical bug? Maybe not the best to
release with a critical bug.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 05:54:15PM -0400, txwikinger wrote:
> Crashes on startup? Is that a critical bug? Maybe not the best to
> release with a critical bug.

Too late, oneiric was released 6 months ago

(Am I being sarcastic? that probably means I'm stressed!)

Jonathan

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Jonathan Thomas

Yes, during the middle of the Oneiric cycle the Partner archive
stopped being enabled by default on new Kubuntu installs, which
triggered the crash due to the Software Center assuming the Partner
archive was there by default. It was fixed in Muon 1.2.3, but I
never found the time/energy to go through the SRU red tape. (My fault
entirely)

And while I'm at it, I'm very sorry to have put you in to panic mode,
Jonathan. I think I owe you an Irn Bru the next time I see you. ;-)