Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Kubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/)
-   -   oneiric dist upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/659481-oneiric-dist-upgrade.html)

Jonathan Riddell 04-25-2012 01:06 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
14:03 < Riddell> k-n-h has had dist upgrade notification turned off in favour of kpackagekit
14:03 < Riddell> which we don't use
14:03 < Riddell> may I panic now?

Jonathan is there something that replaces it in muon in oneiric?


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Thomas 04-25-2012 02:08 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
I placed k-n-h's dist-upgrade code in the Muon Notifier. It'll need
the following patches to work though:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/c2b733c77df2206a1530f5e4793bd2a263842efd
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/21bc7f1e5afea23da49f3522ef4a312e04635751

I was meaning to try to get an SRU for those, but I've been buried in
schoolwork. (Finals are coming...)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> 14:03 < Riddell> k-n-h has had dist upgrade notification turned off in favour of kpackagekit
> 14:03 < Riddell> which we don't use
> 14:03 < Riddell> may I panic now?
>
> Jonathan is there something that replaces it in muon in oneiric?
>

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Riddell 04-25-2012 02:47 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:08:49AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> I placed k-n-h's dist-upgrade code in the Muon Notifier. It'll need
> the following patches to work though:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/c2b733c77df2206a1530f5e4793bd2a263842efd
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/21bc7f1e5afea23da49f3522ef4a312e04635751

Thanks for the quick answer
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muon/+bug/988349 is the SRU
compiling now
will need testing shortly

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Thomas 04-25-2012 02:52 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/93e577600d78530b3df7c38f935d82d72afe2d88

The default repo settings changed during the middle of 11.10, and now
the installer crashes on startup.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:08:49AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
>> I placed k-n-h's dist-upgrade code in the Muon Notifier. It'll need
>> the following patches to work though:
>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/c2b733c77df2206a1530f5e4793bd2a263842efd
>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon/repository/revisions/21bc7f1e5afea23da49f3522ef4a312e04635751
>
> Thanks for the quick answer
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muon/+bug/988349 is the SRU
> compiling now
> will need testing shortly
>
> Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Riddell 04-25-2012 03:07 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?

Sorry not today, too stressed as it is


--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Scott Kitterman 04-25-2012 03:10 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 04:07:27 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> > While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?
>
> Sorry not today, too stressed as it is

Even if JR weren't excessively stressed, any SRU we are going to promote from
-proposed to -updates in less than a day really, really needs to be the
minimal change needed to do the job. No reason you can't do another SRU next
week.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Thomas 04-25-2012 03:23 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
No worries, I'll see about it next week. :)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 04:07:27 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
>> > While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?
>>
>> Sorry not today, too stressed as it is
>
> Even if JR weren't excessively stressed, any SRU we are going to promote from
> -proposed to -updates in less than a day really, really needs to be the
> minimal change needed to do the job. *No reason you can't do another SRU next
> week.
>
> Scott K
>
> --
> kubuntu-devel mailing list
> kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

txwikinger 04-25-2012 09:54 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
Crashes on startup? Is that a critical bug? Maybe not the best to
release with a critical bug.


On 12-04-25 11:23 AM, Jonathan Thomas wrote:

No worries, I'll see about it next week. :)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Scott Kitterman<ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 04:07:27 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:

While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?

Sorry not today, too stressed as it is

Even if JR weren't excessively stressed, any SRU we are going to promote from
-proposed to -updates in less than a day really, really needs to be the
minimal change needed to do the job. No reason you can't do another SRU next
week.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Riddell 04-25-2012 10:07 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 05:54:15PM -0400, txwikinger wrote:
> Crashes on startup? Is that a critical bug? Maybe not the best to
> release with a critical bug.

Too late, oneiric was released 6 months ago

(Am I being sarcastic? that probably means I'm stressed!)

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

Jonathan Thomas 04-25-2012 11:05 PM

oneiric dist upgrade
 
Yes, during the middle of the Oneiric cycle the Partner archive
stopped being enabled by default on new Kubuntu installs, which
triggered the crash due to the Software Center assuming the Partner
archive was there by default. :( It was fixed in Muon 1.2.3, but I
never found the time/energy to go through the SRU red tape. (My fault
entirely)

And while I'm at it, I'm very sorry to have put you in to panic mode,
Jonathan. I think I owe you an Irn Bru the next time I see you. ;-)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM, txwikinger <txwikinger@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Crashes on startup? Is that a critical bug? Maybe not the best to release
> with a critical bug.
>
>
> On 12-04-25 11:23 AM, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
>>
>> No worries, I'll see about it next week. :)
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Scott Kitterman<ubuntu@kitterman.com>
>> *wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 04:07:27 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:52:02AM -0400, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> While we're SRU'ing, could we also get this in?
>>>>
>>>> Sorry not today, too stressed as it is
>>>
>>> Even if JR weren't excessively stressed, any SRU we are going to promote
>>> from
>>> -proposed to -updates in less than a day really, really needs to be the
>>> minimal change needed to do the job. *No reason you can't do another SRU
>>> next
>>> week.
>>>
>>> Scott K
>>>
>>> --
>>> kubuntu-devel mailing list
>>> kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
>
>
>
> --
> kubuntu-devel mailing list
> kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.