Old 03-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default KDE Telepathy or Kopete

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:04:15 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:17:56 AM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:55:21PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > Based on this, I think we've picked Kopete as the default
> >
> > I stand defeated, please change the seeds and ask me to demote the
> > packages.
>
> Seeds updated. I'll upload a new kubuntu-meta once the branch updates.

Kubuntu-meta is updated too, so you can demote anytime.

Scott K

P.S. If this weren't an LTS, I'd have voted the other way.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Jonathan Thomas

On the subject of bugfixes, it'd be super neat if this[1] could be
patched before 12.04 release, even outside of a KTP point release.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/telepathy-kde/+bug/939573

Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
David Wonderly

> Scott K
>
> P.S. If this weren't an LTS, I'd have voted the other way.

I would have too. For the +1 (Q) I would like to see KPT as default. But, that
will be part of the talks at UDS in May.

Cheers!

Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Kamil Nadeem

I am liking the Telepathy in*comparison*to Kopete. It still lacks feature which 0.4*promises*to bring but overall I am pleased with relative ease in using it. Like setting up Gtalk in Kopete was a hassle but in telepathy, I just*entered*my Gmail id and voila it worked. The premise behind*Telepathy*to have*messaging*integration*in the desktop is really intuitive.*

Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Christian Mangold

Christian Mangold: Kopete

Am 31. März 2012 05:55 schrieb Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>:

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 05:29:57 PM Harald Sitter wrote:

> Lo'

> As we do not agree on whether we agree on a decision I'd like everyone

> to cast a vote in favor of KTP or Kopete as default for 12.04. The

> relevant discussion can be found at [1].

After several days of discussions and a lot of good inputs, here's where I

think the Kubuntu Council positions stand (for 12.04):

Christian Mangold - No vote

David Wonderly - Kopete

Harald Sitter - Kopete

Jonathan Riddell - KDE Telepathy

Jonathan Thomas - Kopete

Scott Kitterman - Kopete

Based on this, I think we've picked Kopete as the default (KDE telepathy will

still be in the archive and available). *I would appreciate it if someone

would double check me on this, so we can get it changed as soon as possible

(assuming I got it right).

Scott K

Joseph-Haydn-Str. 17

D-83024 Rosenheim

Tel +49 8031 2205669

Fax +49 8031 2205670

Mobil +49 179 9478419

Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Kamil Nadeem

Why is Kopete and Telepathy not supporting audio callI have installed Pidgin on my 12.04 so it is not a big deal
but I mean the main KDE chat app is not supporting such a basic feature O.o

Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Pali Rohár

On Monday 23 April 2012 11:20:00 Kamil Nadeem wrote:
> Why is Kopete and Telepathy not supporting audio call
> I have installed Pidgin on my 12.04 so it is not a big deal
> but I mean the main KDE chat app is not supporting such a basic
> feature O.o

Hi, Kopete has some support for audio calls via google libjingle
(should be compatible with google talk and gmail web plugin). But
Kubuntu decided to disable this support at Kopete compile time.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com--